Re: Can anyone please provide me list of customers using postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Wood
Subject Re: Can anyone please provide me list of customers using postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
One comment I thought valuable after a large New Zealand Govt agency implemented a national GIS suite. This was their first install using Postgis instead of  the usual MS SQL Server.

I asked how they found Postgis/Postgres as a platform. I got a very succinct reply.

"It's so easy to connect to, and sh** it's fast!"

In general, you don't need to know much more...

Brent Wood

From: "Ramamoorthi, Meenakshi" <Meenakshi.Ramamoorthi@cpuc.ca.gov>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:42 AM
Subject: Can anyone please provide me list of customers using postgreSQL

Dear folks:

1)     Can someone please send me a link of all companies using PostgreSQL ?
2)     Both government and private companies using PostgreSQL
3)     Any security issues found earlier and the steps taken for resolution or how it was mitigated.
4)     Advantages of PostgreSQL compared to other databases like Oracle, MySQL etc.

Thanks and best regards
Meenakshi Ramamoorthi