drop + create database restores previous tables and data - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Douglas Toltzman
Subject drop + create database restores previous tables and data
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I just installed Postgres v 8.0.3.  I loaded by databases, then decided
to reload a database.  I dropped the database with dropdb (I also tried
DROP DATABASE in pgsql), then I recreated the database with createdb.
When I tried to reload the data from the database dump, I got errors
because the relations and data were already in the newly created
database.  I've since tried dropping and recreating several times.
After dropping and creating, I can connect to the database and see all
of the data that was there before dropping the database; without
reloading anything.

At this early stage, I can remove everything and recreate the entire
installation from scratch, but this will create a real problem in the
future.

Douglas Toltzman, Oak Street Software, Inc.
voice: 910-526-5938
http://www.oakstreetsoftware.com/