Re: Numeric 508 datatype - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Numeric 508 datatype
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doh.  OK, we gotta fix it then.  But what are you going to do when you
>> can't malloc enough memory?  You can't ereport in a client environment,
>> and there's no API for printf to report failure.

> Yep, I am digging through snprintf.c now to try find a solution.

Well, there's always the option of going back to plan B, which is not
using printf for strings that might be long.  AFAICS it would only be
a convenience for psql, since it's not doing any real conversions,
just inserting the right number of spaces.

            regards, tom lane