Re: ToDo List Item - System Table Index Clustering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ToDo List Item - System Table Index Clustering
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nicolas Barbier <nicolas.barbier@gmail.com> writes:
> 2011/1/16 Simone Aiken <saiken@ulfheim.net>:
>>        ... So even though the documentation says that column
>>        maps to pg_proc.oid I can't then write:
>>                Select * from pg_proc where oid = 'boolout';

> Type type of typoutput is "regproc", which is really an oid with a
> different output function. To get the numeric value, do:
> Select typoutput::oid from pg_type limit 1;

Also, you *can* go back the other way.  It's very common to write
              Select * from pg_proc where oid = 'boolout'::regproc

rather than looking up the OID first.  There are similar pseudotypes for
relation and operator names; see "Object Identifier Types" in the
manual.