Re: Residual cpluspluscheck issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Residual cpluspluscheck issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jesse Zhang <sbjesse@gmail.com> writes:
> So it's been 17 months since you sent this email, so I'm not sure that
> nothing has happened (off list or in the code base), but...

Well, we fixed the case that was discussed at the time [1].

I'm not exactly convinced about removing the register keywords in
s_lock.h.  Those are all associated with asm blocks, which are already
extremely C/GCC specific; complaining that the register declarations
aren't portable seems to be missing the forest for the trees.

BTW, grepping my local tree says that plperl/ppport.h also has some
register variables, which is something we have no control over.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=232720be9