Re: persistent portals/cursors (between transactions) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: persistent portals/cursors (between transactions)
Date
List pgsql-general
Florian Wunderlich <fwunderlich@devbrain.de> writes:
> Of course, never thought of that. But why does the lock (AccessShareLock
> from what I see) keep UPDATE (that acquires a RowExclusiveLock from what
> I see) from running?

It shouldn't do that.  Can you provide an example?

> I'd really like to have persistent insensitive cursors,

Seems a lot easier to just select the data you want into a temp table.
You *cannot* expect deleted data in a table to hang around for you after
you close your transaction --- there is nothing to protect it from being
VACUUMed, for example.

            regards, tom lane