Dropping connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tarras, Tim
Subject Dropping connections
Date
Re: Dropping connections
List pgsql-general

Hello,

I am having problems with loosing connection to a postgresql database with ESRI ArcGIS Pro. Below is what I put on the ESRI community forums but also wanted to post here to see I can get a resolution to this problem.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Tim

I'm not sure if this is the right place but, I am having an issue with enterprise Database connections dropping to my computer. If I work with ArcPro on the server the connections do not drop. We also made a connection directly from my computer using pgAdmin and will not lose connection even when I loose it in Pro.

My system is as follows:

  1. ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 Single machine deployment. Server has 32GB of memory
  2. ArcgisPro 3.3.0
  3. Postgres 15.4 Downloaded from ESRI and on a separate server from enterprise. Server has 12 cores and 32GB of memory
  4. Both servers are running Windows Server 2022 datacenter Version 21H2.

When the connection drops I get the following message:

Underlying DBMS error [no connection to the server::SQLSTATE=å] [xxxxxxx.xxx.GDB_Items][STATE_ID = 0]

X's replace actual names.

Working with ESRI we found the following information in the logs :

"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" where host is the PostgreSQL Server and "FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command". The following PostgreSQL documentation provides more information about the same (https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5665.1202148155%40sss.pgh.pa.us [postgresql.org]).

At this time IT says it is not a fire wall issue as there are no rules setup for dropping connections. We are at a loss as to what the culprit is.

I will also be posting this in PostgreSQL community to get their input.

Thank you for your help with this.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please respond to the sender and delete the material from any computer and/or server. The City of Onalaska is subject to Wisconsin Statutes relating to public records. Emails sent or received by City employees are subject to these laws. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of City email should presume that the emails are subject to release upon request, and to state record retention requirements.