Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think we shouldn't check IsPostmasterEnvironment here but instead
> IsBootstrapProcessingMode() since we otherwise can generate oids below
> FirstNormalObjectId in --single mode.

That is, in fact, exactly what we want to do and must do during initdb.
If you change anything about this code you'll break the way the
post-bootstrap initdb steps assign OIDs.

(The comments about "wraparound" are slightly misleading, since those
code blocks also execute during the first OID assignment in normal
mode and the first one in post-bootstrap initdb processing, respectively.)