Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 2:56 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Could be, because we haven't seen field reports of this in v14 yet.

> I would be more confident here were it not for the recent
> heap_delete() issue reported by one of my AWS colleagues (and fixed by
> another, Jeff Davis). See commit 163b0993 if you missed it before now.

Hmm, okay, though that's really a distinct bug of the same ilk.
You're right that I'd not paid close attention to that thread after
Jeff diagnosed the problem.  It does seem like Robins' report
shows that there's some way that v13 will set the AV bit without
a cleanup lock ... does that constitute a bug in itself?

            regards, tom lane