restricting identd to just the loopback adapter. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From jerry.nospam@theashergroup.com (Jerry Asher)
Subject restricting identd to just the loopback adapter.
Date
Re: restricting identd to just the loopback adapter.  (David Jericho <david.jericho@bytecomm.com.au>)
Re: restricting identd to just the loopback adapter.  (Jerry Asher <jerry@theashergroup.com>)
List pgsql-admin
I have installed running pg 7.2, and it apparently would like to have
an identd server to help it establish who is who.

I installed pidentd from the red hat 8.0 distribution and started it
up but, but looking over the conf files, there is apparently no way to
restrict identd to listening/binding only to the localhost adapter.

Can you folks help?

How do I make identd bind only to the loopback adapter?

Thank you,

Jerry Asher