Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 12 Apr 2017, at 20:10, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 08:08:58PM +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On 12 Apr 2017, at 19:33, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>>> Joe,
>>>
>>> The policy for announce is here:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
>>>
>>> Doesn't really seem like this kind of announcement really fits within
>>> the charter of -announce, but maybe it could be included in some kind of
>>> broader announcement about PgUS?
>>
>> Aren't they're general guidelines?
>>
>> Being able to donate to PG via Amazon Smile is likely of use and interest
>> to much of the PG ecosystem.
>
> Just to clarify, it is the _US_-based Postgres Association that will
> receive the funds.

Sure.  So it should mention something like "For everyone in the US, donations
to PG US can be made via Amazon Smile".

The announcement itself doesn't need to be limited to US people though, as
many non-US people work/etc with staff who ARE in the US.  So, can influence
them appropriately. :D

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi