Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part ofsmile.amazon.com? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part ofsmile.amazon.com?
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com?  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 08:08:58PM +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
> > On 12 Apr 2017, at 19:33, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > > Joe,
> > >
> > > The policy for announce is here:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
> > >
> > > Doesn't really seem like this kind of announcement really fits within
> > > the charter of -announce, but maybe it could be included in some kind of
> > > broader announcement about PgUS?
> >
> > Aren't they're general guidelines?
> >
> > Being able to donate to PG via Amazon Smile is likely of use and interest
> > to much of the PG ecosystem.
>
> Just to clarify, it is the _US_-based Postgres Association that will
> receive the funds.

Right, this would be just for 'The United States PostgreSQL
Association', aka PgUS (https://postgresql.us).  There's other
non-profits in other places, of course (eg: PostgreSQL Europe,
https://www.postgresql.eu/).  Perhaps that comes up as an organization
for Amazon or Paypal for folks in Europe..?

PG.EU is technically under French law, if that's relevant.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment