Re: disappearing tables - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: disappearing tables
Date
List pgsql-novice
"paul butler" <paul@entropia.co.uk> writes:
> I've just pg_dumped a database (data and description  from version
> 7.13 and loaded into a blank local database ( I'm using cygwin ,
> pg7.2) using psql  \i. I've got php pages accessing it and everything
> is sweet, however in psql I can't view some of the tables, after a
> select I get is:
> less: not found

You evidently don't have the "less" program installed.  If you have
"more", try setting PAGER in psql's environment to "more".  Else turn
off the output-pager function with \pset.  See the psql man page for
more details.

> Also when I try to drop and create under the same name, I get the
> original dbase back. eg
> Drop database wage;
> Create database wage;
> Returns the dropped database, not a blank one.

Sounds to me like you imported everything into template1.  That was a
bad idea.  You can recover from this, see
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/pgsqladventuresep1.php
but if you don't have anything critical stored yet it might be easier
to initdb and start over.

            regards, tom lane