Re: 12 Silver Bullets - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From vincent
Subject Re: 12 Silver Bullets
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>> PgSQL defaults to ACID, which is the point I'd like to make in a list
>> like
>> this; the user does not have to do anything special to get ACID, unlike
>> some databases who shall rename nameless...
>>

> The windows default table type for mysql is innodb, which is ACID. Since >
> 50%
> of thier users work on windows (perhaps not deploy, but do
> development/testing) this means that most of them are getting ACID out of
> the
> box as well.

True, but that is also exactly my point. Wether they get ACID behaviour
depends on their platform, version and whatnot (phmyadmin for example
doesn't always play nice)
In PostgreSQL it doesn't matter where you develop or install, nor what
tool you use. Every CREATE TABLE will result in an ACID compliant table.
That sounds like a bonus to me :)