Failed SSL Connection - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Patricola
Subject Failed SSL Connection
Date
List pgsql-novice

I have an SSL enabled Redhat postgres box running.  I’m trying to connect to it via remote client running ColdFusion 8, which is basically Java.  I inserted root.crt into the Java cacerts storage and restarted the service.  I connect via pgAdmin3 in ssl mode also, so my certificates are valid.

I’m connecting as follows:

url - jdbc:postgresql://x.x.x.x/main?ssl

driver class - org.postgresql.Driver

I can connect to the above server unencrypted.  The only error message I get is “The root cause was that: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The connection attempt failed.” And log files are terribly sparse on the details.

My question is where does the handshake fault lie?

David Patricola | Senior Cold Fusion Developer | Web Applications & Services | Jefferson Information Technologies

Thomas Jefferson Universtiy | Philadelphia, PA | 215.503.1715 (Office)