Re: Making the most of memory? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: Making the most of memory?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> So, that web site seems to list products starting at about 32GB in a
> separate rack-mounted box with redundant everything. I'd be more
> interested in just putting the WAL on an SSD device, so 500MB or 1GB
> would be quite sufficient. Can anyone point me towards such a device?

A dedicated RAID controller with battery-backed cache of ssuficient
size and two mirrored disks should not perform that bad, and has the
advantage of easy availability.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99