Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq
Date
Re: Notes on implementing URI syntax for libpq
List pgsql-hackers
* Alexander Shulgin:

> This, in my opinion, is very similar to what we would like to achieve with the URI syntax, so the above could also be
specifiedusing a URI parameter like this:

>   psql -d postgresql://example.net:5433/mydb

How would you specifiy a local port/UNIX domain socket?

Would it be possible to add something like
 psql -d postgresql+ssh://fweimer@db5/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432

similar to what Subversion supports?  (This might have security
implications when used from untrusted PHP scripts.)

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99