Re: errors in pg_restore on windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Armbrust
Subject Re: errors in pg_restore on windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, it turns out that the fact that my pg_restore won't work on
windows is directly related to this (from a couple days ago)

"Dan Armbrust" <daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com> writes:
> To follow up on my old thread -
> I tested another install of Postgres 8.3.0.1 - and on windows, the
> postgresql.conf file has this in it:

> shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll'              #
> (change requires restart)

> I got the impression that that debugger wasn't intended to be enabled,
> by default.  It looks like the windows installer is enabling it,
> however.

It turns out, that commenting out the "shared_preload_libraries" in
the postgresql.conf file breaks pg_restore.

So, perhaps that shouldn't be disabled by default in the installer.

Dan