Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Date
List pgsql-performance
* Craig James:

> So it never makes sense to enable overcommitted memory when
> Postgres, or any server, is running.

There are some run-time environments which allocate huge chunks of
memory on startup, without marking them as not yet in use.  SBCL is in
this category, and also the Hotspot VM (at least some extent).

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99