Re: How to change mode for cluster log? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Paul Förster
Subject Re: How to change mode for cluster log?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Binghan,

> On 26. Jan, 2021, at 15:33, Binghan <binghanluc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have the following configuration in postgresql.conf. However, it only ensure the mode 600 for file under pg_log.
Thecluster log file postgresql-10-main.log has 640. How can control the mode for cluster log in postgres.

> logging_collector = off
> log_directory = '/var/log/postgresql/pg_log'
> log_filename = 'postgres-event.log'
> log_file_mode = 0600

you say, your file "postgresql-10-main.log" has 640 but your log_filename is "postgres-event.log". So the file
"postgresql-10-main.log"is something else which your setup generates elsewhere.

In any event, you can enforce read/write permissions for a user only by setting its umask to 0077. Don't forget to
changethe permissions of your log file. The umask command does not change that!

Your should also make the setting persistent, for example in the profile of user postgres.

Cheers,
Paul