Re: db sever seems to be dropping connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: db sever seems to be dropping connections
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris <dmagick@gmail.com> writes:
> Rushabh Doshi wrote:
>> I'm facing an issue with PostgreSQL .. The server seems to drop the
>> connection to my script after a couple of hours (sometimes, not always).

> Sounds more like a network issue.

Yeah --- in particular, it sounds like a connection timeout imposed by
a router or firewall.  A lot of NAT-capable routers will drop idle TCP
connections after a certain period of inactivity (typically an hour or
so ... if you're lucky, the router will let you adjust the timeout).
There is no connection timeout built into Postgres itself, so you should
be looking for network-related limitations.

            regards, tom lane