Re: Could not resolve host name error in psycopg2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Förster
Subject Re: Could not resolve host name error in psycopg2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

> On 17. Apr, 2020, at 16:10, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> But most pools can grow and shrink in response to demand, so at some point there are connect/disconnect cycles.

yes, but it is a difference whether you see occasional growing and shrinking pool behavior, or the logs are flooded
withconnect/disconnect messages by short client connects. A relatively small number of connect/disconnect messages
comingfrom a pool is mostly acceptable while huge numbers are not.

And as for monitoring applications, I would be a big fan of a parameter like log_exclude_users='user1,user2,...' to
listusernames who should not appear in log files.

Cheers,
Paul