Re: pgaudit.log_parameter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arthur Zakirov
Subject Re: pgaudit.log_parameter
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

On 31.07.2019 14:21, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a little confused about the setting pgaudit.log_parameter of the
> pgaudit extension
> (https://github.com/pgaudit/pgaudit/blob/master/README.md).
> What's the purpose of this? AN example of query that will trigger such
> parameter logging? Apparently I cannot get it providing me more
> information than '<none>'.
pgaudit.log_parameter allows to log parameters of prepared statements.
See the documentation:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-prepare.html

The following example logs parameters if pgaudit.log_parameter is on:

EXECUTE fooplan(1, 'Hunter Valley', 't', 200.00);

It should log parameters: 1, 'Hunter Valley', 't', 200.00

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company