Re: BUG #4901: Column name "window" breaks pg_dump/pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Steve Purcell
Subject Re: BUG #4901: Column name "window" breaks pg_dump/pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks for the quick reply, Tom. That makes sense, and yes, that does
appear to be the problem.

I thought that I *was* using the newer pg_dump, but I'm doing this on
Debian:

# su - postgres -c "env PGCLUSTER=8.3/main pg_dump openx|env
PGCLUSTER=8.4/main pg_restore -d template1 -C"

And the debian pg_wrapper script ends up selecting the 8.3 pg_dump
binary in the first case.  I'll have to figure out if there's even a
way to execute the newer pg_dump against the old database, which I
expect to be fiddly.

Thanks again, and sorry for the noise.

-Steve