Re: found xmin x from before relfrozenxid y - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: found xmin x from before relfrozenxid y
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-10-21 10:24:16 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (Well, I see the short answer: the code layer throwing the error
>> doesn't know.  But that could be fixed easily enough.)

> I wonder if the better approach wouldn't be to add an errcontext for
> vaccuum, where continually update the block number etc. Theres plenty of
> different sources of corruption that'd potentially cause debug messages
> or errors, and that should get most of them.

I did not chase this in detail, but it looked to me like there were
two code paths leading to heap_prepare_freeze_tuple, and only one
of them came from VACUUM.  So adding a Relation parameter seemed like
a more promising fix for it.  But possibly there are more error messages
we need to worry about besides this.