Re: user-defined functions/triggers; cannot dump - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: user-defined functions/triggers; cannot dump
Date
List pgsql-novice
Jason Friedman <jason@powerpull.net> writes:
> Second, why do I get this error when I dump:

> pg_dump -s dmatchingmoms pg_dump: query to obtain procedure name for
> trigger "trigger_update_bad_email_addres" did not return exactly one
> result

Are you sure you dropped the trigger as well as the underlying function?
Your trace indicates some indecision about how many s's there are in
"address", so I'm suspecting it's just a typing error --- you probably
dropped the function and not the trigger.

In case it's any comfort, 7.3 should have some interlocks that will
prevent this all-too-common mistake.

            regards, tom lane