Re: INSERT/UPDATEs cycles and lack of phantom locking - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: INSERT/UPDATEs cycles and lack of phantom locking
Date
List pgsql-sql
* Florian Weimer:

> In addition, it occurred to me that I get the INSERT failure only if
> there is a suitable PRIMARY KEY/UNIQUE constraint on the table.  I
> haven't got that in all cases, so I need that advisory locking anyway,

It seems that LOCK TABLE ... IN EXCLUSIVE MODE does exactly what I
need: it locks out itself (and write access), but not read access to
the table.  And deadlocks are detected as well.  Yay!

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
Durlacher Allee 47            tel: +49-721-96201-1