Re: Re: Add minor version to v3 protocol to allow changes without breaking backwards compatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: Re: Add minor version to v3 protocol to allow changes without breaking backwards compatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Ants Aasma:

> I had a run in with this. JDBC driver versions < 9.0 with the default
> configuration resulted in silent data corruption. The fix was easy, but not
> having an useful error was what really bothered me.

Same for the DBD::Pg driver.

In this particular case, I knew that the change was coming and could
push updated Java and Perl client libraries well before the server-side
change hit our internal repository, but I really don't want to have to
pay attention to such details.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99