Re: Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date
Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails  ("Milen A. Radev" <milen@radev.net>)
List pgsql-bugs
"Milen A. Radev" <milen@radev.net> writes:
> I reproduced it on Windows Vista 64-bit SP2 with version 8.4.2
> (installed by using the One-click installer from EnterpriseDB):

OK, so that means WildWezyr isn't just seeing things.  Possibilities
that occur to me now:

1. Maybe it's specific to Vista and/or Win64?

2. I wonder whether setting LC_COLLATE/LC_CTYPE during database creation
is really sufficient to establish the locale fully on Windows.  If
wcscoll() is partially dependent on some other bit of state, maybe that
would explain the problem.  What is the "surrounding" locale in your
test case?

            regards, tom lane