Re: pgsql: Add pg_alterckey utility to change the cluster key - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add pg_alterckey utility to change the cluster key
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 12/27/20 12:44 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Based on the number of concerns raised by various people over the last
>> couple of days (including myself, one point being the refactoring of
>> the ciphers taken from pgcrypto that should have been in its own
>> commit), I agree that it would be better to revert this code for now.
> OK, I will do so in the next few hours.  My followup will be to:
>
> *  register it for the commit-fest so it gets cfbot and other visibility
> *  modify pgcrypto to use the new AES API (the SHA512 call no longer exists)
> *  develop TAP tests, though as I mentioned, they will be odd

Bruce

I think this is a wise course.

The cfbot and the vanilla buildfarm can't test some things easily, and
this might be such a case. That's where custom buildfarm modules can
prove useful. For example, we have one that is used by rhinoceros to run
the SEPgsql tests. ISTM this might well be another case. I can work with
you to develop such a module.

cheers

andrew

--