Re: Bug plperl.c - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug plperl.c
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Mark Murawski <markm-lists@intellasoft.net> writes:
> Affects Versions: 12 (and probably all others)
> Steps to Reproduce:
> - Run a query during plperl validation -- ie: inside a warn handler
> 2022-02-22 12:17:04 EST -  -  -  - 12950 -  - 0 - LOG:  server process
> (PID 19702) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault

I couldn't reproduce this, either in HEAD or 12.10.  However, maybe
there's something faulty about your example, because in my hands it
doesn't seem that plperl_spi_exec is reached at all.

If we do need to do something here, my inclination would be to
reject execution of any SPI operations during validation.  That's
not a case that's supposed to have any side-effects.

            regards, tom lane