Re: refactoring relation extension and BufferAlloc(), faster COPY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: refactoring relation extension and BufferAlloc(), faster COPY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
12.04.2023 02:21, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2023-04-11 22:00:00 +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
>> A few days later I've found a new defect introduced with 31966b151.
> That's the same issue that Tom also just reported, at
> https://postgr.es/m/392271.1681238924%40sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> Attached is my WIP fix, including a test.

Thanks for the fix. I can confirm that the issue is gone.
ReadBuffer_common() contains an Assert(), that is similar to the fixed one,
but it looks unreachable for the WAL replay case after 26158b852.

Best regards,
Alexander