Uppercase initials in Win XP - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From mariateresa.ll@bresciaonline.it
Subject Uppercase initials in Win XP
Date
Re: Uppercase initials in Win XP
List pgsql-novice
Hello everyone,

I'm a novice, so could be that this has been already debated; in case, link me to the correct thread.

I've created my first DB with PGadminIII locally on a XP SP1 box and I declared its name, and enclosed tablenames also,
withUppercase initials.
Any effort to populate my tables in pgsql failed, witn "relation ... inexistent" error, and creates a crash in View
dataof PGadminIII.

After some random checks, I resolved to force lowercase the tablenames and, voila' !, everything started to work
smoothly.

Is it a known "feature", a bug or mine own stupidity ?

Regards, Fabio

BTW, what is the correct way to completely remove PG from the XP box, (DB and engine) ?