Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chad Wagner
Subject Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/24/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.newstyle,v'
>>> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/ApachePg.pl,v'
>>> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.oldstyle,v'

head pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.oldstyle,v
head    1.3;
access;
symbols
        Release-1-6-0:1.1.1.1
        creation:1.1.1.1
        creation:1.1.1;    <<< What the heck happened here?
locks; strict;
comment @# @;

The problem Warren mentions is one that cvs2svn can't deal with, which
is that the interfaces/perl5 stuff exists in one place but no in
another. I have no idea if it is how the directories were removed from
cvs or what, I only know that removing the directories in the repo
entirely allows the conversion to continue.

The error is actually that the label creation is pointing to TWO different revisions.  CVS seems to deal with this issue by ignoring the second relationship of the "creation" label to revision.

There is also a few files that are both in Attic and the regular directory, which is also not supposed to happen.  Also, is it me or does CVS ignore Attic files when you export a specific label?