Re: postgresql vs mysql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chad Wagner
Subject Re: postgresql vs mysql
Date
Re: postgresql vs mysql  (Chris <dmagick@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 2/20/07, gustavo halperin <ggh.develop@gmail.com> wrote:
I  have a friend that ask me why postgresql is better than mysql.
I personally prefer posgresql, but she need to give in her work 3 or 4
strong reasons for that. I mean not to much technical reasons. Can you
give help me please ?

How about the fact that MySQL accepts the following query as legal:

SELECT foo, bar, COUNT(*)
FROM baz
GROUP BY foo

And produces, naturally, an unexpected result instead of an error.  Totally annoying, I don't know if it was ever fixed.  It seems that MySQL's parser is generally weak at syntax validation in it's default configuration.

--
Chad
http://www.postgresqlforums.com/