Re: Unrecognized node type - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unrecognized node type
Date
List pgsql-sql
Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <mariscal@javahispano.org> writes:
>> I suppose there's some other factor involved in the problem that
>> you didn't show us.

> But... what? :-S

If I knew, I could've reproduced the problem ...

>> As far as finding the bug, you need to provide a complete,
>> self-contained test case.

> Can you be more explicit?

Preferably, send an SQL script that will trigger the failure starting
from an empty database.  You can probably make one by stripping down
your existing dump script.  (I don't care whether you try to minimize
the size of the example; but you'll want to take out your actual data
as well as anything else you deem private.)

>> As far as loading the schema, how about just removing the DEFAULT
>> clauses?  "default null" is the default behavior anyway.

> I tried this, but then EJB's doesn't work...

This is odd.  I suspect that it would be appropriate to ask the JDBC
people to see if they can fix it.  The driver itself ought to be aware
that "no default" is the same as "default null", but apparently it is
not.  (For that matter, whatever part of the EJB code is breaking ought
to know that, because for sure it is SQL-standard behavior.  But the
JDBC people might be more responsive to a bug report.)
        regards, tom lane