Re: setQueryTimeout - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From User
Subject Re: setQueryTimeout
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
According to my tests the 8.2 driver does not actually enforce the "setQueryTimeout" value regardless of which version
ofPostgresql is used on the back-end.

The new "socketTimeout" connection option may be used as a kind of 'global' query time-out as it applies to all queries
forthe connection. However, it is based on socket time-out yet must be caught as a PSQLException or Exception.

Regardless, "setQueryTimeout" enforcement would really help with some enterprise applications which need to enforce
real-timeconstraints.