Re: Increasing number of PG connections. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Qing Zhao
Subject Re: Increasing number of PG connections.
Date
Bulk Record upload (was Re: Increasing number of PG connections)  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-performance
I am new here. I have a question related to this in some way.

Our web site needs to upload a large volume of data into Postgres at a
time. The performance deterioates as number of rows becomes larger.
When it reaches 2500 rows, it never come back to GUI. Since the tests
were run through GUI, my suspision is
that it might be caused by the way the application server talking to
Postgres server, the connections, etc.. What might be the factors
involved here? Does anyone know?

Thanks a lot!

Qing