Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Andrew Dunstan (andrew@dunslane.net) wrote:
>> If we're going to mess with this area can I put in a plea to get \ef
>> and \sf to handle full parameter specs? I want to be able to c&p
>> from the \df output to see the function. But here's what happens:

> I was thinking along the same lines.  This will involve a bit more code
> in psql, but I think that's better than trying to get the backend to do
> this work for us, for one thing, we want psql to support multiple major
> versions and that could be done by adding code to psql, but couldn't be
> done for released versions if we depend on the backend to solve this
> matching for us.

Dunno, I think that's going to result in a very large chunk of mostly
duplicative code in psql.  regprocedurein() is fairly short because it
can rely on a ton of code from the parser, but psql won't have that
luxury.