Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures
Date
Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures  (Joshua Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures  (Michael Paesold <mpaesold@gmx.at>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Joshua Drake wrote:
>> Is our backpatch policy documented? It does not appear to be in
>> developer FAQ.

> Seems we need to add it.

I'm not sure that I *want* a formal written-down backpatch policy.
Whether (and how far) to backpatch has always been a best-judgment call
in the past, and we've gotten along fine with that.  I think having a
formal policy is just likely to lead to even more complaints: either
patching or not patching could result in second-guessing by someone
who feels he can construe the policy to match the result he prefers.