Re: Sorry, to many clients already - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tambet Matiisen
Subject Re: Sorry, to many clients already
Date
List pgsql-sql

> When I'm trying to connect I have this error message:
>
> Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to
> fail.Please report this
> exception: java.sql.SQLException: Sorry, to many clients already.

I also met this error yesterday. Default PostgreSQL limit for incoming connections is 32 (actually 30 for ordinary
users,because 2 are reserved for superusers). You can change this from postgresql.conf.

In our case the problem was pgAdmin, which creates a new connection for every database you click on. You can use `ps ax
|grep postgres` in Linux to see active connections.
 Tambet