Re: Help on copy function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Help on copy function
Date
List pgsql-general
Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
>>> psql:lineitem.loader.psql:1: ERROR:  could not extend relation
>>> 24342131/24342133
>>> /24342324: There is not enough space in the file system.
>>> HINT:  Check free disk space.
>>
>> Maybe you are running the postmaster under a disk-space-usage limit?
>> I'm not sure that there's a separate errno for "you can't have any
>> more space" as opposed to "there isn't any more space".

> It's also possible that PG is trying to create a new table file and
> he's out of inodes...

Good thought, although I think that this particular error message would
only come out from a seek/write failure and not from an open failure.
In any case it's some sort of externally imposed resource limit ...

            regards, tom lane