Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash
Date
List pgsql-general
"Matt Magoffin" <postgresql.org@msqr.us> writes:
> So I explored with a SELECT statement, thinking there was some specific
> XML document causing the crash. I could consistently execute this
> statement to get a crash:

> select XMLSERIALIZE( CONTENT
> (xpath('/als:auto-lead-service/als:meta[@key="AREA"][1]/text()', xml,
>         ARRAY[ARRAY['als','http://autoleadservice.com/xml/als']]))[1] as text)
> from lead order by id limit 1 offset 83367;

Could you put together a self-contained example?  It would probably take
someone else a long time to guess at all the details you've left out.

One point in particular is that this query would not use the index
you mentioned, so I doubt that's relevant.

            regards, tom lane