Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g
Date
List pgsql-hackers
    Tom Lane wrote:

> A variant that might or might not be safer is "\g <foo", ie we
> insist on you putting a mark there that shows you intended to read.
>
> Also, not quite clear what we'd do about copy-from-program.
> I think "\g |foo" is definitely confusing for that.  "\g foo|"
> would be better if it doesn't have syntax issues.

I haven't written any patch yet, but I was thinking of submitting
something like that, with the addition of "\g >foo" as a synonym of
"\g foo" for the symmetry with "<".
Perl's open() also uses the "program |" syntax.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite