Re: Question about servicescript for stopping and starting postgresqlinstance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Question about servicescript for stopping and starting postgresqlinstance
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/30/18 2:09 PM, Marian Forums wrote:

> Hi,
> Postgres was installed through a repo with yum install.

So did you disable the start/stop scripts that the package installed?

> I will try to run it with another type.
> Regards
> Marian
>
>> Op 30 okt. 2018 om 21:56 heeft Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> On 10/30/18 9:27 AM, Marian Forums wrote:
>>> Hi Adrain,
>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>

>> How was Postgres installed on this machine?
>>
>> Have you tried the script from the docs?
>>

>>> My script looks like this:
>>
>> I am no systemd expert, still the Type=forking does not seem right to me.
>>
>>> # cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql-9.6.pg-tstxxx.service
>>> [Unit]
>>> Description=postgresql_pg-tstxxx
>>> After=syslog.target
>>> After=network.target
>>> [Service]
>>> Type=forking
>>> User=postgresql
>>> Group=postgresqlg
>>> Environment=PGDATA=/data/pg-tstxxx/data-01/
>>> # Run ExecStartPre with root-permissions
>>> PermissionsStartOnly=true
>>> ExecStartPre=/bin/chown postgresql:postgresqlgroup /var/run/postgresql
>>> ExecStart=/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA}
>>> ExecStop=/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/pg_ctl stop -D ${PGDATA} -s -m fast
>>> ExecReload=/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/pg_ctl reload -D ${PGDATA} -s
>>> Restart=on-failure
>>> KillMode=control-group
>>> ExecStop=/bin/kill -SIGTERM $MAINPID
>>> RestartSec=10s
>>> [Install]

--
Adrian Klaver