Re: VACUUM unable to accomplish because of a non-existent MultiXactId - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: VACUUM unable to accomplish because of a non-existent MultiXactId
Date
List pgsql-admin
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Couldn't creation and deletion of a toasted object within the same
>> transaction do it?

> I tried and couldn't find a way to cause one to appear.  When a row is
> created, it has xmax=0 so when it's deleted the xmax can just be set to
> the deleting xact.  And we don't ever update pg_toast rows, AFAIK.

Ah, nevermind, brain fade ... I was momentarily confusing this with
combo CIDs.  Right, there are no updates or row locks taken on toast
table rows (unless someone were to do one manually?)

            regards, tom lane