Re: Macintosh OS 9.1 front end C interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Macintosh OS 9.1 front end C interface
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
liam <allenwc@home.com> writes:
> Most of the changes involve replacing the standard Unix headers with
> their Mac counter parts. Some functions have to be written from
> scratch or ported from Unix, like strdup for example.

At least some of those functions already exist, see src/utils/ and
src/backend/port/.

> It is going to be a BIG job, which is why I was hoping someone else
> had done it already.

I believe 7.1 builds out-of-the-box on OS X ... you might want to
consider just how badly you really need this for OS 9.
        regards, tom lane