Re: which view is used another views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From salah jubeh
Subject Re: which view is used another views
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Guys

The query in this function returns the dependency for level one. However, I need the dependency for all level. I am still new with plpgsql so; how can I use recursive function to return all dependency for all levels

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION dependon (var text) RETURNS SETOF text AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
    node record;
BEGIN

    FOR node IN SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE OID in (
        SELECT ev_class FROM pg_rewrite, pg_depend
        WHERE pg_depend.objid = pg_rewrite.oid
        AND deptype ='n'
        AND refobjsubid = 1
        AND refobjid::regclass::text = $1)