Re: PostgreSQL -> ODBC -> MS ACCESS - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jamie Walker
Subject Re: PostgreSQL -> ODBC -> MS ACCESS
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
In article <3A30D821.6729EFE2@diedenoort.nl>, Frodo Larik
<Frodo.Larik@diedenoort.nl> writes

>ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'xid' and 'int4'
>        You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast (#1)
>
>Well I don't know how to fix it, Looked through mailinlists, newsgroups
>etc.., but I can't find a proper solution.
>

>I would appreciate If anyone has an solution for this problem, or a
>suggestion ...

---=---
How do I use the row versioning -OR- why do I get a message about no
operator for xid and int4?
(from the ODBC faq):

Some of the operators are missing in the current release of Postgres so
in order to use row versioning, you must overload the int4eq function
for use with the xid type.  Also, you need to create an operator to
compare xid to int4.  You must do this for each database you want to use
this feature on.  This will probably not be necessary in Postgres 6.4
since it will be added.  Here are the details:

[WJB: As of 7.0, it has not been added, so you still have to do this.]

create function int4eq(xid,int4)    returns bool    as ''    language 'internal';

create operator = (    leftarg=xid,    rightarg=int4,    procedure=int4eq,    commutator='=',    negator='<>',
restrict=eqsel,   join=eqjoinsel

);
---=---

HTH,
--
Jamie Walker              "While there are no known bugs in it, it might
jamie@sagaxis.co.uk        destroy your filesystems, eat your data and