Re: Installing with libs of postgresql-libs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stuart Cooper
Subject Re: Installing with libs of postgresql-libs
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hi list,

> Could someone tell me what libs are packed in the rpm
> below ?
> postgresql-libs-8.2.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm

> We are concerned about the problem of compatibility with
> Oracle and we prefer to check all the libs to not put the
> Oracle system down.

> I think it is just a metter of rpm -qa
> postgresql-libs-8.2.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm but I do not have the
> adm permissions.

For an uninstalled rpm,
rpm -qlp PACKAGE.rpm
will show you the files that the package will install.

postgresql-libs puts a bunch of postgresql specific .so files in /usr/lib
and some internationalisation messages in /usr/share/locale.

None of which will conflict with Oracle.

Cheers,
Stuart.